Sometimes you don’t have time to do a fancy recipe, or maybe even just the willpower. But a bear’s gotta eat. So, something simple will have to do.
It’s super simple, and super healthy, and can be made with basic ingredients.
It’s embarrassing calling this a “recipe”, but it seems the best way to describe it to you.
Simple Cucumber & Tomato Salad
- cucumbers chopped
- tomatoes chopped
- onion diced, almost any variety will do
- fresh dill finely chopped, optional
- fresh mint finely chopped, optional
- lemon or lime juice fresh is best!
- pinch garlic or sea salt
- Chop up some cucumber. I tend to like the Persian cucumbers for this, but I will be making it in the next few days with some huge hothouse cucumbers I got on sale. I like big servings, but have found that about 2 larger Persian cucumbers, or ⅓ to ½ of a large hothouse cucumber is about a serving.
- Chop up some tomato. Usually I have some Roma tomatoes, as they're often cheap, but anything will do. I use 2 small tomatoes or one large, so I have about 80% as much tomato as cucumber.
- Dice the onions. Works great with green onions from the whites to the green, or yellow or white onions, too.
- Finely chopped the mint, or dill or whatever green, fresh herbs you might have around, and sprinkle on top. Sometimes if I don't have fresh dill, just dried will work great as well!
- Add a pinch of garlic or sea salt.
- Put a strong splash of lemon or lime juice all over the top.
- Mix it all up, and store in fridge until ready to eat!
That’s it! Super simple, and delicious, and incredible on a hot summer day!